Explore effective alternative approaches to improving the lives of those diagnosed with attention deficit disorder!This remarkable new book offers fresh perspectives on ADD/ADHD. Even more important, it provides new direction for sufferers, introducing an ecologically based lifestyle that focuses on hands-on interactive learning. Fragments: Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder shows how to use environmental education and activities such as organic farming, community service, mission work, art, yoga, meditation, and spirituality to bring about positive change in people diagnosed with ADD or ADHD.From author Amy E. Stein: "This book is about life. It is written for those who think they have no hope, who struggle with life, with decisions, with addiction, and in search of themselves. I do not believe traditional psychotherapy or medication are solutions for those of us who fall under the label of ADD or ADHD."Candidly written by a woman who, at age 25, was diagnosed as "a textbook case for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder," this insightful book examines:
Five helpful appendices give you easy access to environmental education resources, agricultural resources, a sample agricultural curriculum, a sample ecology curriculum, and an environmental art curriculum.
- the pitfalls of traditional psychotherapy and medication for those diagnosed with ADD/ADHD
- how an interactive hands-on learning environment can markedly improve the educational experience of ADD/ADHD kids
- how an organic, holistic approach can benefit those diagnosed with ADD/ADHD
- the correlation between agriculture and ADD/ADHD and the impact of eliminating pesticides and increasing fatty acid intake in the diets of sufferers
- how incorporating spirituality and faith into ADD/ADHD sufferers' lives can help to add discipline and bring greater satisfaction
- and much more!
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9781136400919 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|