Effective examination and treatment in physical therapy rely on a solid understanding of the dynamics of the joints and the functions of the surrounding muscles. This concise instructional manual helps readers to not only memorize anatomy but also to truly comprehend the structures and functions of the whole body: the intervertebral disk, the cervical spine, the cranium, the thoracic spine, the thorax, the upper extremities, lumbar spine, pelvis and hip joint, and the lower extremities. Through precise descriptions, efficiently organized chapters, and beautiful illustrations, this book relates functional anatomy to therapy practice. It provides extensive coverage of the palpation of structures and references to pathology throughout.
Physical therapists will find Functional Anatomy for Physical Therapists invaluable to their study or practice. It makes functional anatomy easier for students to learn and is ideal for use in exam preparation. Experienced therapists will benefit from practical tips and guidance for applying and refining their techniques.
- Accurate and detailed descriptions of each joint structure in the body, including their vessels and nerves, and their function
- Comprehensive guidance on the palpation of individual structures
- Detailed discussions on the functional aspects of muscles and joint surfaces, and the formation of joints
- Concise tips and references to pathology to assist with everyday practice
- More than 1000 illustrations clearly depicting anatomy and the interconnections between structures
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||126.6 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9783131768711 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|