Fundamentals of Technical Mathematics introduces key, applied mathematics for engineering technologists and technicians. Through a simple, engaging approach, the book reviews basic mathematics, including whole numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
The book covers conversions to different units of measure (standard and/or metric) and other topics as required by specific businesses and industries, providing a go-to resource on the topic. Building on these foundations, it then explores concepts in arithmetic, introductory algebra, equations, inequalities, and modeling, graphs and functions, measurement, geometry, and trigonometry, all the while supporting these concepts with practical applications in a variety of technical and career vocations, including automotive, allied health, welding, plumbing, machine tool, carpentry, auto mechanics, HVAC, and many other fields. In addition, the book provides practical examples from a vast number of technologies.
- Presents foundational math concepts in a concise, engaging way
- Covers conversions to different units of measure (standard and/or metric) and other topics as required by specific businesses and industries
- Reviews basic mathematics, including whole numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Connects concepts with recent applications in technology, engineering, manufacturing, and science
- Includes many practice and review problems
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||16.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007144419 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|