About This Book
- Rapidly develop games using the powerful yet easy easy-to to-use GameMaker: Studio engine
- Comprehensive: This is a comprehensive guide to help you learn and implement GameMaker's features.
- Go through step-by-step tutorials to design and develop unique games
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Understand the GameMaker: Studio interface and tools to quickly create the various assets used in your games
- Translate some of the GameMaker: Studio drag and drop functions to the GameMaker Language
- Create games with random elements for exciting gameplay
- Use the basic GameMaker file I/O and encryption systems
- Utilize the GameMaker networking functions to create multiplayer games
- Give AI routines to your enemies to make challenging gameplay
- Create particle systems to give your game exciting graphics
- Understand the various debugging techniques available in GameMaker: Studio
With game development becoming more and more popular, GameMaker: Studio provides modern tools for new and experienced developers alike to rapidly create computer games. More and more developers are taking advantage of its many easy-to-use features in order to create games that meet modern standards.
This book is an excellent resource for developers with any level of experience of GameMaker: Studio. At the start, we'll provide an overview of the basic use of GameMaker: Studio, and show you how to handle input and collisions in a top-down perspective game. We continue on to showcase its more advanced features via six different example projects. The first example game demonstrates platforming with file I/O, followed by animation, views, and multiplayer networking. The next game illustrates AI and particle systems, while the final one will get you started with the built-in Box2D physics engine. By the end of this book, you will have mastered lots of powerful techniques that can be utilized in various 2D games.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241385 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|