Genomic Control Process explores the biological phenomena around genomic regulatory systems that control and shape animal development processes, and which determine the nature of evolutionary processes that affect body plan. Unifying and simplifying the descriptions of development and evolution by focusing on the causality in these processes, it provides a comprehensive method of considering genomic control across diverse biological processes.
This book is essential for graduate researchers in genomics, systems biology and molecular biology seeking to understand deep biological processes which regulate the structure of animals during development.
- Covers a vast area of current biological research to produce a genome oriented regulatory bioscience of animal life
- Places gene regulation, embryonic and postembryonic development, and evolution of the body plan in a unified conceptual framework
- Provides the conceptual keys to interpret a broad developmental and evolutionary landscape with precise experimental illustrations drawn from contemporary literature
- Includes a range of material, from developmental phenomenology to quantitative and logic models, from phylogenetics to the molecular biology of gene regulation, from animal models of all kinds to evidence of every relevant type
- Demonstrates the causal power of system-level understanding of genomic control process
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
- Conceptually organizes a constellation of complex and diverse biological phenomena
- Investigates fundamental developmental control system logic in diverse circumstances and expresses these in conceptual models
- Explores mechanistic evolutionary processes, illuminating the evolutionary consequences of developmental control systems as they are encoded in the genome
|Size: ||73.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780124047464 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|