Learn how to work more effectively with K-5 parents to increase student achievement in math and literacy. Research shows that parent involvement in schools leads to higher test scores and more engaged and enthusiastic students, but it isn't always easy for teachers to bridge the gap between the home and the school. This insightful book provides helpful, research-based strategies to foster meaningful home-school partnerships and overcome the challenges teachers often face when trying to build relationships with parents. You'll learn new ways to:
- Promote parent involvement at home and school;
- Share specific math and literacy strategies with parents to reinforce children's learning;
- Plan and organize effective parent conferences that foster true dialogue about a child's education;
- Communicate with parents about what you're teaching and how you're teaching it, so they can actively contribute to their child's learning at home;
- Develop family nights and workshops to get parents involved in learning at school;
- Recommend games, activities, and projects that parents can use at home to help their children practice math and literacy skills;
- And much more!
Each chapter is full of practical tools such as Common Core-aligned strategies, useful resources for parents, and sample parent letters that you can use to increase and improve your home-school communications.
Bonus: Additional parent letters on a variety of topics are available on our website, www.routledge.com/ 9781138998698, to help you keep parents connected throughout the year.
|Size: ||1.6 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317331469 (PDF)|