Deploy your own private mobile network with OpenBTS, the open source software project that converts between the GSM and UMTS wireless radio interface and open IP protocols. With this hands-on, step-by-step guide, you'll learn how to use OpenBTS to construct simple, flexible, and inexpensive mobile networks with software.
OpenBTS can distribute any internet connection as a mobile network across a large geographic region, and provide connectivity to remote devices in the Internet of Things. Ideal for telecom and software engineers new to this technology, this book helps you build a basic OpenBTS network with voice and SMS services and data capabilities. From there, you can create your own niche product or experimental feature.
- Select hardware, and set up a base operating system for your project
- Configure, troubleshoot, and use performance-tuning techniques
- Expand to a true multinode mobile network complete with Mobility and Handover
- Add general packet radio service (GPRS) data connectivity, ideal for IoT devices
- Build applications on top of the OpenBTS NodeManager control and event APIs
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781491924297 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|