About This Book
- Build domain-specific mini languages in Groovy that integrate seamlessly with your Java apps with this hands-on guide
- Increase stakeholder participation in the development process with domain-specific scripting in Groovy
- Get up to speed with the newest features in Groovy using this second edition and integrate Groovy-based DSLs into your existing Java applications.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Java software developers who have an interest in building domain scripting into their Java applications. No knowledge of Groovy is required, although it will be helpful. This book does not teach Groovy, but quickly introduces the basic ideas of Groovy.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with Groovy scripting and work with Groovy closures
- Use the metaprogramming features in Groovy to build mini languages
- Employ Groovy markup and builders to simplify application development
- Familiarize yourself with Groovy markup and build your own Groovy builders
- Build effective DSLs with operator overloading, command chains, builders, and a host of other Groovy language features
- Integrate Groovy into your Java and JVM based applications
A comprehensive tutorial on designing and developing mini Groovy-based domain-specific languages (DSLs), this book will guide you through the development of several mini DSLs that will help you gain all the skills needed to develop your own Groovy-based DSLs with confidence and ease.
Starting with the bare basics, this book will focus on how Groovy can be used to construct mini DSLs, and will go through the more complex metaprogramming features of Groovy, including using the abstract syntax tree (AST). Practical examples are used throughout this book to de-mystify these seemingly complex language features and to show how they can be used to create simple and elegant DSLs. Packed with examples, including several fully functional DSLs, this book will serve as a springboard for developing your own DSLs.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781849695411 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|