EV3 without limits!
Build 5 amazing robotics projects that take DIY to a whole new level!
You can do way more with your LEGO Mindstorms EV3 kit than anyone ever told you! In this full-color, step-by-step tutorial, top-maker and best-selling author John Baichtal shows you how to transcend Mindstorms' limits as you build five cutting-edge robotics projects.
You'll discover just how much you can do with only the parts that came with your kit–and how much farther you can go with extremely low-cost add-ons like Arduino and Raspberry Pi. You'll learn how to reprogram your Mindstorms Intelligent Brick to add additional hardware options and create more complex programs.
Hundreds of full-color, step-by-step photos teach you every step, every skill. Whenever you're ready for advanced techniques, Baichtal explains them in plain English.
Here's just some of what you'll learn how to do:
- Build a drawing Plotter Bot that gyrates to draw new patterns
- Hack Mindstorms' wires–and control robots without wires
- Create a remote-controlled crane, and operate it from your smartphone
- Use the EV3 brick to control third-party electronic modules of all kinds
- Replace the EV3 brick with smarter, more flexible Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or BeagleBone Black hardware
- Build a robotic flower whose petals open and close based on time of day
- Use third-party sensors to build robots that can sense practically anything
- Load an alternate operating system onto your EV3 brick
- 3D print, laser, and mill your own perfect LEGO parts
- Create ball contraptions, and extend them with your own custom parts
- Make a pole-climbing robot–and hook up an altimeter to track its height
This book is not authorized or endorsed by the LEGO Group.
Register Your Book at www.quepublishing.com/register and receive 35% off your next purchase.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||54.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Que Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134217468 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|