Get ready to unlock the power of your data. With the fourth edition of this comprehensive guide, you'll learn how to build and maintain reliable, scalable, distributed systems with Apache Hadoop. This book is ideal for programmers looking to analyze datasets of any size, and for administrators who want to set up and run Hadoop clusters.
Using Hadoop 2 exclusively, author Tom White presents new chapters on YARN and several Hadoop-related projects such as Parquet, Flume, Crunch, and Spark. You'll learn about recent changes to Hadoop, and explore new case studies on Hadoop's role in healthcare systems and genomics data processing.
- Learn fundamental components such as MapReduce, HDFS, and YARN
- Explore MapReduce in depth, including steps for developing applications with it
- Set up and maintain a Hadoop cluster running HDFS and MapReduce on YARN
- Learn two data formats: Avro for data serialization and Parquet for nested data
- Use data ingestion tools such as Flume (for streaming data) and Sqoop (for bulk data transfer)
- Understand how high-level data processing tools like Pig, Hive, Crunch, and Spark work with Hadoop
- Learn the HBase distributed database and the ZooKeeper distributed configuration service
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491901700 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|