Dr. Yeh supplies a firm theoretical foundation in such topics as propagation of light through fibers, fiber fabrication, loss mechanisms, and dispersion properties. He then expands from this into such practical areas as fiber splicing, measuring loss in fibers, fiber-based communications networks, remote fiber sensors, and integrated optics. Whether involved in fiber optics research, design, or practical implementation of systems, this handbook will be extremely useful.
* Here is a comprehensive, "one-stop" reference with state-of-the-art information on fiber optics Included is data on:
* Optical fibers and fiber materials
* Light sources and detectors
* Coupler, LEDs, and other individual components
* Coherent optics
* The development of fiber optics-based telecommunications systems
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||46.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 1990|
|ISBN: ||9781483289410 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|