Packed with case studies and problem calculations, Handbook of Food Processing: Food Preservation presents the information necessary to design food processing operations and goes on to describe the equipment needed to carry them out in detail. The book covers every step in the sequence of converting raw material to the final product. It also discusses the most common food engineering unit operations and food preservation processes, such as blanching, pasteurization, chilling, and freezing to aseptic packaging, non-thermal food processing, and the use of biosensors.
- Case study on the effect of blanching conditions on sulforaphane content in purple and roman cauliflower (brassica oleracea l. Var. Botrytis)
- Principles of thermal processing described along with thermal process calculations
- Case study on microwave preservation of fruit-based products: application to kiwifruit puree
- Principles and applications of Ohmic heating
- Advances in food additives and contaminants
- Use of edible films and coatings in fresh fruits and vegetables preservation
The book provides information regarding the common food preservation methods such as blanching, thermal processing of foods, canning, extrusion-cooking, drying or dehydration of foods, chilling, and freezing. It also describes the principles and applications of new thermal and non-thermal food processing technologies, i.e., microwave heating, ohmic heating, high pressure (HP) processing, pulsed electric field (PEF) processing, magnetic fields, ultrasound, use of edible films and coatings, food packaging-aseptic packaging, and modified atmosphere, biosensor and ozone applications. The book helps you keep up with diverse consumer demands and rapidly developing markets.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||63.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498721769 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|