The First Complete Guide to Mobile App Testing and Quality Assurance: Start-to-Finish Testing Solutions for Both Android and iOS
Today, mobile apps must meet rigorous standards of reliability, usability, security, and performance. However, many mobile developers have limited testing experience, and mobile platforms raise new challenges even for long-time testers. Now, Hands-On Mobile App Testing provides the solution: an end-to-end blueprint for thoroughly testing any iOS or Android mobile app.
Reflecting his extensive real-life experience, Daniel Knott offers practical guidance on everything from mobile test planning to automation. He provides expert insights on mobile-centric issues, such as testing sensor inputs, battery usage, and hybrid apps, as well as advice on coping with device and platform fragmentation, and more.
If you want top-quality apps as much as your users do, this guide will help you deliver them. You'll find it invaluable–whether you're part of a large development team or you are the team.
Learn how to
- Establish your optimal mobile test and launch strategy
- Create tests that reflect your customers, data networks, devices, and business models
- Choose and implement the best Android and iOS testing tools
- Automate testing while ensuring comprehensive coverage
- Master both functional and nonfunctional approaches to testing
- Address mobile's rapid release cycles
- Test on emulators, simulators, and actual devices
- Test native, hybrid, and Web mobile apps
- Gain value from crowd and cloud testing (and understand their limitations)
- Test database access and local storage
- Drive value from testing throughout your app lifecycle
- Start testing wearables, connected homes/cars, and Internet of Things devices
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134191799 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|