The seventh edition of this classic text champions healthy aging by demonstrating how to prevent or manage disease, and make large-scale improvements toward health and wellness in the older adult population. The text synthesizes state-of-the-art research findingsóproviding convincing evidence that health promotion truly worksówith practical, effective strategies. Encompassing important research results that supplant prior recommendations, this new edition provides updated best practices and strategies to ensure the active participation of older adults in all aspects of life.
Completely reorganized for ease of use, this textbook features updated demographics and rankings for leading causes of death, new blood pressure screening guidelines and data on obesity and diabetes, updated exercise regimens, older driver statistics including the driverless car, caution regarding ineffective brain-training programs, and more.
Highly practical, the text includes health-promoting tools, resource lists, assessment tools, illustrations, checklists and tables. Additionally, the book now includes key terms and learning objectives at the start of each chapter along with thought-provoking questions and reflection boxes. An Instructor's manual and Power Point slides are available to facilitate teaching
New to the Seventh Edition:
- Provides updated blood pressure, cholesterol, DCIS, and lung cancer screening guidelines
- Presents updates on exercise regimens ranging from yoga to the tango
- Expands and updates section on emotional regulation and conflict resolution skills with aging
- Discusses Boomer Entrepreneurism
- Provides new policy recommendations, including student loan debt for older adults
- Expands gerotechnology and smart home innovations
- Updates "Obamacare" and health care delivery recommendations
- Addresses "Buyer Beware" regarding brain training programs
- Expands global aging and LBGT aging content To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||15.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780826131898 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|