At the time of rapid technological progress and uptake of High Dynamic Range (HDR) video content in numerous sectors, this book provides an overview of the key supporting technologies, discusses the effectiveness of various techniques, reviews the initial standardization efforts and explores new research directions in all aspects involved in HDR video systems.
Topics addressed include content acquisition and production, tone mapping and inverse tone mapping operators, coding, quality of experience, and display technologies. This book also explores a number of applications using HDR video technologies in the automotive industry, medical imaging, spacecraft imaging, driving simulation and watermarking.
By covering general to advanced topics, along with a broad and deep analysis, this book is suitable for both the researcher new or familiar to the area.
With this book the reader will:
- Gain a broad understanding of all the elements in the HDR video processing chain
- Learn the most recent results of ongoing research
- Understand the challenges and perspectives for HDR video technologies
- Covers a broad range of topics encompassing the whole processing chain in HDR video systems, from acquisition to display
- Provides a comprehensive overview of this fast emerging topic
- Presents upcoming applications taking advantages of HDR
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||50.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007498536 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|