High Temperature Oxidation and Corrosion of Metals, Second Edition, provides a high level understanding of the fundamental mechanisms of high temperature alloy oxidation. It uses this understanding to develop methods of predicting oxidation rates and the way they change with temperature, gas chemistry, and alloy composition.
The book focuses on the design and selection of alloy compositions which provide optimal resistance to attack by corrosive gases, providing a rigorous treatment of the thermodynamics and kinetics underlying high temperature alloy corrosion.
In addition, it emphasizes quantitative calculations for predicting reaction rates and the effects of temperature, oxidant activities, and alloy compositions. Users will find this book to be an indispensable source of information for researchers and students who are dealing with high temperature corrosion.
- Emphasizes quantitative calculations for predicting reaction rates and the effects of temperature, oxidant activities, and alloy compositions
- Uses phase diagrams and diffusion paths to analyze and interpret scale structures and internal precipitation distributions
- Presents a detailed examination of corrosion in industrial gases (water vapor effects, carburization and metal dusting, sulphidation)
- Contains numerous micrographs, phase diagrams, and tabulations of relevant thermodynamic and kinetic data
- Combines physical chemistry and materials science methodologies
- Provides two completely new chapters (chapters 11 and 13), and numerous other updates throughout the text
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||20.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Elsevier Science|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780081001196 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|