China enjoys a splendid ancient culture, which is inseparable from the role of cultural transmission played by the country's system of education. As a nation that attaches great importance to education, China possesses an abundance of educational thought throughout its long history.
In History of Chinese Ancient Educational Thought, Zhu Yongxin summarizes the origin and development of Chinese ancient educational thought and elaborates on its characteristics and theoretical basis. He then introduces relevant sub-topics including the ancient Chinese conception of moral education, pedagogy, the study of being a teacher, methods of reading, the imperial examination system, traditional colleges, and private schools. Zhu provides in-depth analyses on the following topics:
- Why Do We Need the History of Educational Thoughts
- The Origin and Development of China's Ancient Educational Thoughts
- The Main Features of China's Ancient Educational Thoughts
- The Theoretical Base of China's Ancient Educational Thoughts
- The Conception of Moral Education in Ancient China
- Teaching Theories in Ancient China
- Sayings about Teachers in Ancient China
- Reading Methods in Ancient China
- The Imperial Examinations and China's Ancient Education
- The Academy and China's Ancient Education
- Elementary Education and China's Ancient Education
History of Chinese Ancient Educational Thought discusses the changes, developments, and far-reaching impacts on future generations of education in China, and objectively presents a complete portrait of the history of Chinese ancient educational thought.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780071838207 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|