Hodson and Geddes' Cystic Fibrosis provides everything the respiratory clinician, pulmonologist or health professional treating patients needs in a single manageable volume. This international and authoritative work brings together current knowledge and has become established in previous editions as a leading reference in the field. This fourth edition includes a wealth of new information, figures, useful videos, and a companion eBook.
The basic science that underlies the disease and its progression is outlined in detail and put into a clinical context. Diagnostic and clinical aspects are covered in depth, as well as promising advances such as gene therapies and other novel molecular based treatments. Patient monitoring and the importance of multidisciplinary care are also emphasized.
- Features accessible sections reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the cystic fibrosis care team
- Contains a chapter written by patients and families about their experiences with the disease
- Includes expanded coverage of clinical areas, including chapters covering sleep, lung mechanics and the work of breathing, upper airway disease, insulin deficiency and diabetes, bone disease, and sexual and reproductive issues
- Discusses management both in the hospital and at home
- Includes a new section on monitoring and discusses the use of databases to improve patient care
- Covers monitoring in different age groups, exercise testing and the outcomes of clinical trials in these areas
- Includes chapters devoted to nursing, physiotherapy, psychology, and palliative and spiritual care
Throughout, the emphasis is on providing an up-to-date and balanced review of both the clinical and basic science aspects of the subject and reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the cystic fibrosis care team.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||49.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781444180015 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|