How well do you really know the older people in your family? And how will you make sure their stories will be preserved for generations to come? Homemade Biography is a fun and practical guide to recording a relative's story so it will never be forgotten. New York Times bestselling author Tom Zoellner, who wrote his own grandmother's biography, draws on years of interviewing and writing experience to provide:
- More than 300 questions designed to provoke vivid responses Case studies of successful family biographies
- A revolutionary technique for writing with grace and energy
- Ways of finding a connective theme buried in a jumble of facts
- Strategies for dealing with sensitive topics
- Professional methods of editing for quality and accuracy
- Tips for making your relative's story a part of the permanent historical record
Most of us think about bringing a tape recorder or a notebook to a visit with an older relative, but few actually do it. This clear-eyed manual gives you all the expertise you'll need to finish what could be one of the most fulfilling conversations you'll ever have.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||378 KB|
|Publisher: ||St. Martin's Griffin|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9781466858367 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Philippines, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|