Household Service Robotics is a collection of the latest technological advances in household service robotics in five main areas: robot systems, manipulation, navigation, object recognition, and human-robot interaction. The book enables readers to understand development s and apply them to their own working areas, including:
- Robotic technologies for assisted living and elderly care
- Domestic cleaning automation
- Household surveillance
- Guiding systems for public spaces
Service robotics is a highly multidisciplinary field, requiring a holistic approach. This handbook provides insights to the disciplines involved in the field as well as advanced methods and techniques that enable the scale-up of theory to actual systems. It includes coverage of functionalities such as vision systems, location control, and HCI, which are important in domestic settings.
- Provides a single source collection of the latest development in domestic robotic systems and control
- Covers vision systems, location control, and HCI, important in domestic settings
- Focuses on algorithms for object recognition, manipulation, human-robot interaction, and navigation for household robotics
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||46.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006353591 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|