About This Book
- Understand the infrastructure management capabilities through monitoring and tracking techniques
- Control the hybrid cloud infrastructure using policies and define actions based on events and conditions
- Learn to view and use trends in the hybrid setup to perform capacity planning and optimization
Who This Book Is For
If you are an existing Red Hat administrator who is new to the Red Hat cloud infrastructure and would like to manage and deploy hybrid clouds, then this book is for you. Red Hat Linux administration experience is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Red Hat CloudForms 3.1 on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack platform
- Add Amazon EC2 and OpenStack as cloud providers and VMware as an infrastructure provider
- Provision an instance from the Red Hat CloudForms web console
- Manage the life cycles of virtual machines and instances
- Create custom domains, namespaces, classes, schemas, instances, and invoke automation workflows
- Monitor and gather intelligence information about the hybrid cloud environment
- Get to know about supported APIs that can be used to integrate third-party systems with Red Hat CloudForms
This book will equip you with a hands-on approach on how to build a hybrid cloud environment and then manage, control, and gain operational insights into it.
The book starts by showing you how to install and configure Red Hat CloudForms, and add infrastructure and cloud providers to build the hybrid cloud environment. Next, you will learn to provision virtual machines and instances to these platform providers, and manage and control the life cycle of these resources. You will also get to know about automating provisioning.
Moving on, you'll get to grips with the management of resources using policies, events, conditions, and actions. You'll also learn how to monitor these resources from a single pane of glass. Finally, the book covers viewing capacity and utilization trends to optimize the overall hybrid cloud infrastructure, and also introduces you to supported APIs.
By the end of the book, you will be able to deploy and use Red Hat CloudForms.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785286438 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|