Control volume finite element methods (CVFEM) bridge the gap between finite difference and finite element methods, using the advantages of both methods for simulation of multi-physics problems in complex geometries. In Hydrothermal Analysis in Engineering Using Control Volume Finite Element Method, CVFEM is covered in detail and applied to key areas of thermal engineering. Examples, exercises, and extensive references are used to show the use of the technique to model key engineering problems such as heat transfer in nanofluids (to enhance performance and compactness of energy systems), hydro-magnetic techniques in materials and bioengineering, and convective flow in fluid-saturated porous media. The topics are of practical interest to engineering, geothermal science, and medical and biomedical sciences.
- Introduces a detailed explanation of Control Volume Finite Element Method (CVFEM) to provide for a complete understanding of the fundamentals
- Demonstrates applications of this method in various fields, such as nanofluid flow and heat transfer, MHD, FHD, and porous media
- Offers complete familiarity with the governing equations in which nanofluid is used as a working fluid
- Discusses the governing equations of MHD and FHD
- Provides a number of extensive examples throughout the book
- Bonus appendix with sample computer code
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||39.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006500872 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|