Employing the clear, student-friendly style that made previous editions so popular, Insect Physiology and Biochemistry, Third Edition presents an engaging and authoritative guide to the latest findings in the dynamic field of insect physiology. The book supplies a comprehensive picture of the current state of the function, development, and reproduction of insects. Expanded and updated, this third edition continues to challenge conventional entomological wisdom with the latest research and analytical interpretations. It will appeal to undergraduate and graduate students and to working scientists in the biological sciences who need to possess a firm knowledge of the broad principles of insect physiology.
See What's New in the Third Edition:
- New chapters covering biological rhythms and insect symbioses
- Adds references from the last several years to bring each chapter up to date
- Provides new review and self-study questions that aid in distinguishing the most important information and concepts
- References to websites where illustrative materials have been provided by scientists and contains approximately 2,600 citations
- Twenty-four pages of color illustrations with new illustrations that emphasize genetic and molecular developments in insect biology
- Update of the rapidly developing area of postembryonic development of insects, especially the role of the juvenile hormone in insect development
While this edition provides new information and significant updates, it also maintains all the features that made previous editions so popular, such as citations that enable you to get to the primary literature easily and understand the thinking, experimentation, and techniques that have enabled the current understanding of the physiology of insects. And clear writing with technical terms explained in the text where they occur. With more than 250 illustrations to help explain physiological concepts and important anatomical details, the book remains the most easily accessible guide to key concepts in the field.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||57.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781482247602 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|