This essential text for prospective school leaders enrolled in instructional supervision and evaluation courses provides the knowledge and practical tools to improve teacher effectiveness. Melding theory and practice, this book is a definitive guide to successful classroom observations, pre- and post-observation conferences, and approaches such as action research, peer coaching, and mentoring. The fourth edition of this text has been thoroughly updated to meet the needs of school leaders in today's educational climate. Features new to this edition include:
- Additional and updated tools to support school leaders in conducting effective classroom observations and assessing teachers' professional learning needs;
- New case studies, suggested fieldwork, and extended reflections to outline practical applications for the strategies discussed;
- Suggested readings to supplement the information included in this book;
- Expanded discussions of professional learning communities and the topic of motivation;
- New chapters on teacher evaluation and instructional strategies that support personalization and learning technologies.
This book offers strategies to work with teachers at all stages in their careers, laying a strong foundation for effective instructional supervision in PreK-12 schools. Many of the templates and tools in this book are also available as free eResource downloads from our website (www.routledge.com/9781138649347).
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.6 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317233305 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|