About This Book
- Create networking applications using the Intel Galileo board
- Control your web-based projects in real time from anywhere in the world
- Connect to the Temboo web service to interact with a huge range of APIs
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who want to build exciting projects using the Intel Galileo board. It is for people who are already experienced in using more classic Arduino boards and want to extend their knowledge to the Intel Galileo board.
It is also for people who want to learn about electronics and programming, and Intel Galileo is the perfect platform for this.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your Galileo board for the Internet of Things
- Connect external sensors to the Intel Galileo board
- Create and run a web server on the Galileo board
- Control hardware devices from the Galileo board
- Host web-based applications on the Intel Galileo board
- Monitor data from the cloud using the Galileo board
- Build a complete home automation hub using the Galileo board
This book features several recipes all based on the Intel Galileo board, which exploit the powerful features of the board. Each chapter explores a given field using the Galileo board. The book is divided into three parts. The first part is all about learning the basics of the Intel Galileo board, but it uses some of the powerful features of the board such as connecting external sensors and complex hardware devices, compared with more basic Arduino boards. Then, it dives into the topics related to networking and the Internet of Things. You will learn how to run a web server on the board and log data using a cloud-based service. Finally, the book ends with a chapter that aims to build a complete home automation hub using the Galileo board. This chapter uses everything that was learned in the book to make a home automation system using the Galileo board and Arduino.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785281723 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|