Routledge Applied Linguistics is a series of comprehensive textbooks, providing students and researchers with the support they need for advanced study in the core areas of English language and Applied Linguistics.
Each book in the series guides readers through three main sections, enabling them to explore and develop major themes within the discipline.
• Section A, Introduction, establishes the key terms and concepts and extends readers' techniques of analysis through practical application.
• Section B, Extension, brings together influential articles, sets them in context, and discusses their contribution to the field.
• Section C, Exploration, builds on knowledge gained in the first two sections, setting thoughtful tasks around further illustrative material. This enables readers to engage more actively with the subject matter and encourages them to develop their own research responses.
Throughout the book, topics are revisited, extended, interwoven and deconstructed, with the reader's understanding strengthened by tasks and follow-up questions.
This highly-successful text introduces and explores the dynamic area of intercultural communication, and the updated third edition features:
• new readings by Prue Holmes, Fred Dervin, Lei Guo and Summer Harlow, Miriam Sobré-Denton and Nilaniana Bardham, which reflect the most recentdevelopments in the field
• refreshed and expanded examples and exercises including new material on the world of business, radicalisation and cultural fundamentalism
• extended discussion of topics which include cutting-edge material on cosmopolitanism, immigrants' intercultural communication and cultural travel
• revised further reading.
Written by experienced teachers and researchers in the field, Intercultural Communication, Third edition provides an essential textbook for advanced students studying
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.1 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781315460635 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|