International Entrepreneurship in the Arts focuses on teaching students, artists, and arts managers specific strategies for expanding creative ventures that are already successful domestically to an international audience. Varbanova's accessible writing outlines a systematic theoretical framework that guides the reader from generating an innovative idea and starting up an international arts enterprise to its sustainable international growth.
Applying concepts, models, and tools from international entrepreneurship theory and practice, Varbanova analyzes how these function within the unique setting of the arts and culture sector. The book covers:
- Domestic inception of an arts enterprise, followed by international expansion
- Starting up an international arts venture in the early stages of its inception
- Presenting an arts activity or project in a foreign country or region
- Financing a startup venture with international resources
- Implementing diverse models of international partnership
- Starting up an arts venture that is run by a multinational team
- Creating an art product with international dimension
The book's 23 case studies and 54 short examples feature disciplines from fine arts and photography to music, theatre, and contemporary dance, and cover ventures in over 20 countries to provide students with practical insight into the issues and challenges facing real arts organizations. Aimed at students interested in the business aspects of arts and cultural ventures, it will also be of use to practitioners looking at ways to internationalize their own enterprises.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.3 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317548997 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will only be sold to customers with a billing address in:|