This unique book provides insight into the minds of experienced practicing pathologists and advice on how to better phrase frozen section diagnoses so as to avoid inappropriate surgical management. - Doody's Reviews
Intraoperative Frozen Sections presents diagnostic challenges involved in the evaluation in the pathology lab of specimens obtained during surgery through the case experience of expert pathologists. Sixty-three problems cover the wide range of problems encountered in intraoperative consultations. Each presentation provides the case information as presented to the consultant, the evaluation and analysis of the specimen, discussion of the results and teaching points observed in the case, and an overall comment providing additional context for the diagnostic problem that has been presented. This problem-oriented format makes the book a superb reference resource for the working diagnostician and an ideal teaching tool for the resident or fellow. Coverage includes pediatric specimens and there is a section describing recognition of artifacts. Each case presentation is supported by several high-quality color photomicrographs with detailed explanations of each image, including images of the permanent sections and immunostains where applicable.
Features of Intraoperative Frozen Sections include:
- Cases outline expert approach to diagnostic problems and technical issues most likely to be encountered in frozen section analysis
- Coverage includes pediatric specimens and recognition of artifacts
- Special emphasis on difficult problems and avoiding diagnostic pitfalls
- Provides common differential diagnoses for specific lesions seen in frozen section analysis (e.g. mimics of renal neoplasia)
- Nearly 500 high-quality color photomicrographs and detailed discussions of diagnostic features of each image
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||249.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||2370006808442 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|