Perfect for beginners familiar with programming basics, this hands-on guide provides an easy introduction to Go, the general-purpose programming language from Google. Author Caleb Doxsey covers the language??s core features with step-by-step instructions and exercises in each chapter to help you practice what you learn.
Go is a general-purpose programming language with a clean syntax and advanced features, including concurrency. This book provides the one-on-one support you need to get started with the language, with short, easily digestible chapters that build on one another. By the time you finish this book, not only will you be able to write real Go programs, you'll be ready to tackle advanced techniques.
- Jump into Go basics, including data types, variables, and control structures
- Learn complex types, such as slices, functions, structs, and interfaces
- Explore Go??s core library and learn how to create your own package
- Write tests for your code by using the language??s go test program
- Learn how to run programs concurrently with goroutines and channels
- Get suggestions to help you master the craft of programming
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781491942017 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|