Easy to understand and fun to read, Introducing Python is ideal for beginning programmers as well as those new to the language. Author Bill Lubanovic takes you from the basics to more involved and varied topics, mixing tutorials with cookbook-style code recipes to explain concepts in Python 3. End-of-chapter exercises help you practice what you've learned.
You'll gain a strong foundation in the language, including best practices for testing, debugging, code reuse, and other development tips. This book also shows you how to use Python for applications in business, science, and the arts, using various Python tools and open source packages.
- Learn simple data types, and basic math and text operations
- Use data-wrangling techniques with Python's built-in data structures
- Explore Python code structure, including the use of functions
- Write large programs in Python, with modules and packages
- Dive into objects, classes, and other object-oriented features
- Examine storage from flat files to relational databases and NoSQL
- Use Python to build web clients, servers, APIs, and services
- Manage system tasks such as programs, processes, and threads
- Understand the basics of concurrency and network programming
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781449361181 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|