Explore a Major Component of Renewable Energy
Introduction to Bioenergy takes a look at energy from biomass (thermal energy, power, liquid fuels, and biogas) and envisions a sustainable future fueled by renewable energy. From production to conversion to heat, power, and biofuel, this book breaks down the science of bioenergy and explains the major processes for its production, conversion, and use.
Covers Solar Energy, Bioenergy, and Biomass Resources
The book begins with an introduction to solar energy (the source of bioenergy) and then moves on to describe bioenergy, biomass, chemical conversion, and the renewable energy processes involved. The authors cover measurement energy parameters, analysis of data, and the prediction of energy production for different bio products. They also consider the institutional, environmental, and economic concerns surrounding bioenergy.
An all-inclusive resource covering a rapidly-advancing field, this book:
- Explores the impact of climate change and global warming on the production of biomass
- Describes the positive and negative effects of biomass production on ecosystems and biodiversity
- Illustrates the use of biomass for the production of electricity
- Considers the replacement of fossil fuels with biofuels, biofuel production, and emerging technologies
- Addresses institutional and environmental issues relevant to bioenergy
- Discusses factors impacting the economic feasibility of renewable energy systems
Introduction to Bioenergy defines major processes for the production, conversion, and use of bioenergy. A book suitable for coursework or self-study, this essential work serves students and practicing professionals in the renewable energy, environmental science, agriculture engineering, and biology fields.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||19.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498716994 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|