Introduction to Digital Communications explores the basic principles in the analysis and design of digital communication systems, including design objectives, constraints and trade-offs. After portraying the big picture and laying the background material, this book lucidly progresses to a comprehensive and detailed discussion of all critical elements and key functions in digital communications.
- This is the first undergraduate-level textbook exclusively on digital communications, with a complete coverage of source and channel coding, modulation, and synchronization.
- Although the text's main theme is on point-to-point digital transmission, major aspects of communication networks and multiuser communications are also discussed.
- This introductory book, while methodically paced and carefully structured, provides insightful descriptions and intuitive explanations of all complex concepts, with an emphasis on not only 'what and how,' but also 'why'.
- While the mathematical treatment is complete, the tone is simple and clear to ensure a thorough understanding, as there is also a focus on practical applications and illustrative examples.
- A companion Web site includes solutions to end-of-chapter problems and computer exercises, lecture slides, and figures and tables from the text.
- As the book offers a rich choice of topics, a variety of syllabi for undergraduate courses, in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, and Information Technology programs, can be supported.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||16.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006498605 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|