Developed for the Ultimate Introductory Engineering Course
Introduction to Engineering: An Assessment and Problem-Solving Approach incorporates experiential, and problem- and activity-based instruction to engage students and empower them in their own learning. This book compiles the requirements of ABET, (the organization that accredits most US engineering, computer science, and technology programs and equivalency evaluations to international engineering programs) and integrates the educational practices of the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). The book provides learning objectives aligned with ABET learning outcomes and AAC&U high-impact educational practices. It also identifies methods for overcoming institutional barriers and challenges to implementing assessment initiatives. The book begins with an overview of the assessment theory, presents examples of real-world applications, and includes key assessment resources throughout.
In addition, the book covers six basic themes:
- Use of assessment to improve student learning and educational programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Understanding and applying ABET criteria to accomplish differing program and institutional missions
- Illustration of evaluation/assessment activities that can assist faculty in improving undergraduate and graduate courses and programs
- Description of tools and methods that have been demonstrated to improve the quality of degree programs and maintain accreditation
- Using high-impact educational practices to maximize student learning
- Identification of methods for overcoming institutional barriers and challenges to implementing assessment initiative
A practical guide to the field of engineering and engineering technology, Introduction to Engineering: An Assessment and Problem-Solving Approach serves as an aid to both instructor and student in developing competencies and skills required by ABET and AAC&U.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||33.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498747493 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|