Focuses On an Emerging Field in Water Engineering
A broad treatment of the Tsallis entropy theory presented from a water resources engineering point of view, Introduction to Tsallis Entropy Theory in Water Engineering fills a growing need for material on this theory and its relevant applications in the area of water engineering. This self-contained text includes several solved examples, and requires only a basic knowledge of mathematics and probability theory. Divided into four parts, the book begins with a detailed discussion of Tsallis entropy, moves on to hydraulics, expounds on the subject of hydrology, and ends with broad coverage on a wide variety of areas in water engineering.
The author addresses:
- The Tsallis entropy theory for both discrete and continuous variables
- The procedure for deriving probability distributions
- One-dimensional velocity distributions
- Two-dimensional velocity distributions
- Methods for determining sediment concentration
- Sediment discharge
- Stage-discharge rating curve
- Precipitation variability
- Infiltration and the derivation of infiltration equations
- An introduction to soil moisture, soil moisture profiles, and their estimation
- Flow duration curves
- The eco-index and indicators of hydrologic alteration (IHA)
- Measures of redundancy for water distribution networks, and more
Introduction to Tsallis Entropy Theory in Water Engineering examines the basic concepts of the Tsallis entropy theory, and considers its current applications and potential for future use. This book advances further research on water engineering, hydrologic sciences, environmental sciences, and water resources engineering as they relate to the Tsallis entropy theory.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498736619 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|