A Coherent Systems View of Wireless and Cellular Network Design and Implementation
Written for senior-level undergraduates, first-year graduate students, and junior technical professionals, Introduction to Wireless Systems offers a coherent systems view of the crucial lower layers of today's cellular systems. The authors introduce today's most important propagation issues, modulation techniques, and access schemes, illuminating theory with real-world examples from modern cellular systems. They demonstrate how elements within today's wireless systems interrelate, clarify the trade-offs associated with delivering high-quality service at acceptable cost, and demonstrate how systems are designed and implemented by teams of complementary specialists.
- Understanding the challenge of moving information wirelessly between two points
- Explaining how system and subsystem designers work together to analyze, plan, and implement optimized wireless systems
- Designing for quality reception: using the free-space range equation, and accounting for thermal noise
- Understanding terrestrial channels and their impairments, including shadowing and multipath reception
- Reusing frequencies to provide service over wide areas to large subscriber bases
- Using modulation: frequency efficiency, power efficiency, BER, bandwidth, adjacent-channel interference, and spread-spectrum modulation
- Implementing multiple access methods, including FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA
- Designing systems for today's most common forms of traffic—both "bursty" and "streaming"
- Maximizing capacity via linear predictive coding and other speech compression techniques
- Setting up connections that support reliable communication among users
Introduction to Wireless Systems brings together the theoretical and practical knowledge readers need to participate effectively in the planning, design, or implementation of virtually any wireless system.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Prentice Hall|
|Date published: || 2008|
|ISBN: ||9780132797221 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|