Since the last edition of this book was written more than a decade ago, cybercrime has evolved. Motives have not changed, but new means and opportunities have arisen with the advancement of the digital age. Investigating Computer-Related Crime: Second Edition incorporates the results of research and practice in a variety of venues, growth in the field, and new technology to offer a fresh look at the topic of digital investigation.
Following an introduction to cybercrime and its impact on society, this book examines:
- Malware and the important differences between targeted attacks and general attacks
- The framework for conducting a digital investigation, how it is conducted, and some of the key issues that arise over the course of an investigation
- How the computer forensic process fits into an investigation
- The concept of system glitches vs. cybercrime and the importance of weeding out incidents that don't need investigating
- Investigative politics that occur during the course of an investigation, whether to involve law enforcement, and when an investigation should be stopped
- How to prepare for cybercrime before it happens
- End-to-end digital investigation
- Evidence collection, preservation, management, and effective use
- How to critique your investigation and maximize lessons learned
This edition reflects a heightened focus on cyber stalking and cybercrime scene assessment, updates the tools used by digital forensic examiners, and places increased emphases on following the cyber trail and the concept of end-to-end digital investigation. Discussion questions at the end of each chapter are designed to stimulate further debate into this fascinating field.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9781420003703 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|