Over 35 exciting recipes to spice up your application development with Ionic
About This Book
- Learn how to utilize the robust features of Ionic CLI and its framework to create, develop, and build your mobile app
- Explore new integrations with various Backend-as-a-Services, along with AngularJS modules, for creative solutions
- Use out-of-the-box Ionic functionalities, customize existing components, and add new components with this comprehensive, step-by-step guide
Who This Book Is For
If you are a front-end developer and want to take advantage of your existing mobile application development skills to develop cross-platform mobile apps, this book is for you. You will build up your Ionic knowledge with in-depth recipes on Angular.js, Cordova, and Sass.
What You Will Learn
- Authenticate users using an e-mail password, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn
- Retrieve data and store it using Firebase
- Access native device functionalities such as a camera, contact list, e-mail, and maps using ngCordova
- Work with localStorage and SQLite for persistent data access on the client side
- Communicate to and from your app using push notifications or SMS
- Leverage AngularJS events and Ionic-specific events to communicate across pages, controllers, and directives
- Customize the color and theme of your Ionic app
- Create new custom directives as components
- Compile your app for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
The world of mobile development is extremely fragmented with many platforms, frameworks, and technologies available. Ionic is intended to fill that gap, by enabling developers to build apps that have a native feel to them, using web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and AngularJS. Ionic makes it easy for front-end developers to become app developers. The framework provides superior performance with deep Cordova integration and a comprehensive set of tools for prototyping, backend support, and deployment.
You will start with an introduction to the CLI and then move on to building and running an app. You will explore common features of real-world mobile apps such as authenticating a user, and getting and saving data using either Firebase or Local Storage. Next, the book covers how Ionic integrates with Cordova to support native device features using ngCordova, and you will discover how to take advantage of existing modules around its ecosystem. You will also delve into advanced topics, including how to extend Ionic to create new components. Finally, the book will walk you through customizing the Ionic theme and building the app so that it can be deployed to all platforms.
Style and approach
This book follows a recipe-based approach to cross-platform mobile app development, where each task is explained in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. Every topic explains individual features or components of Ionic, and provides extra details for readers to come up with custom solutions based on real-world applications.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785284410 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|