Come up to speed on iOS 10's new features!
Learn all about the new capabilities of iOS 10, along with key features you may have missed from previous iOS updates. Whether you use an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, you'll find the real-world advice you need to take advantage of iOS 10's refinements quickly.
TidBITS Managing Editor Josh Centers teaches you about a wide range of updated system features like the Lock screen, Widgets screen, Control Center, and notifications. He also loops you in on revised essential apps like Photos, Messages, Mail, Maps, and Safari. Josh even gives you an introduction to home automation by way of the new Home app and Apple's HomeKit specification for third-party devices. Additional special topics cover Family Sharing, accessibility, privacy, managing data usage, improving battery life, and more.
Josh helps you get the most from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with advice on:
- What to check after installing iOS 10
- Learning to use the massively revised Lock screen
- How to work with widgets now that they're free of Notification Center
- Using the new Magnifier to turn your iPhone into a magnifying glass
- Having Siri announce the name of the caller for incoming calls
- Getting started with home automation using the new Home app
- Dealing with the new multi-panel Control Center
- Using the iPad's Slide Over, Split Screen, and Picture in Picture features
- Deleting unused Apple apps
- Viewing, dismissing, and acting on notifications directly
- What types of apps will be able to integrate with Siri
- Improved suggestions when you're typing
- How Photos creates Memories, and what you can do with them
- Using the new People and Places albums in Photos
- How you can use Siri to search for people, places, and things in Photos
- Playing with fun new features of Messages, like handwriting and screen effects
- Replying quickly to messages with a tapback response
- Avoiding highways and toll roads in Maps directions
- Using the new "Find My Car" feature of Maps
- Controlling home automation devices via Siri
- Letting important people through an iPhone's Do Not Disturb cone of silence
- Setting up Apple Pay in the Wallet app -- and using it in Safari
- Adding emergency medical information -- and finding it on the Lock screen
- Making Siri talk like a guy (or gal)
- Telling Siri who you mean when you say "Call Mom"
- Tracking down which apps are hogging your battery
- Putting outlines around text "buttons" so they look like buttons
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||30.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Take Control Books|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781492018070 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|