About This Book
- Learn about the Sprite Kit engine and create games on the iOS platform from the ground up
- Acquaint your Sprite Kit knowledge with Swift programming and turn your 2D game conceptualization into reality in no time
- An abridged and focused guide to develop an exhaustive mobile game
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at novice, intermediate, and proficient game developers coming from a different development platform and wanting to migrate to game development with the Sprite Kit engine. The reader does not need any knowledge of Sprite Kit and building games on the iOS platform.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the Sprite Kit game engine and create indie games in no time
- Set sail on the quest of game development by successfully creating a runner game
- Find out more about the IDE provided by Apple for game development – Xcode
- Get an overview of Apple's latest programming language, Swift
- Discover the functionalities of scenes and nodes in a game
- Explore how physics bodies work and how to add this feature into your game
- Grasp knowledge of particle effects and shaders
- Add a scoring system into your game to visualize high scores
Game development has always been an exciting subject for game enthusiasts, and iOS game development takes a big leap in terms of perpetuating growth and creativity. With iOS 9 and Sprite Kit, comes a series of breathtaking features to improve your game development experience. Sprite Kit, an exciting framework supported by Apple, allows you to create stunning games at blazing speed.
Learn the basics and create your own fully functional platformer game on your iOS platform by using the Sprite Kit game engine. Take a detailed look at game development with the various features implemented in iOS 8 that further increase the essence of game development. Explore and implement features such as physics bodies, character animations, scoring, and other essential elements in your game. You will successfully conceive a 2D game along with discovering the path to reach the pinnacle of iOS game development.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785283239 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|