"This book successfully addresses the approach for adopting cloud into organizations (small and large), realizing that every application may not be a fit for a cloud environment. The writer does an excellent job of integrating cloud into the approach for an enterprise architecture and drilling down into how to evaluate cloud in its variety of implementation techniques, along with the benefits and drawbacks of each."
— Sue Miller-Sylvia, IBM Fellow and Vice President, Application Innovation Services, IBM Global Business Services
Make the Right Cloud Adoption and Deployment Decisions for Your Business
This is the first complete guide to cloud decision making for senior executives in both technology and non-technology roles. IBM Global Business Services Executive Architect Pamela K. Isom and IBM Fellow Kerrie Holley present practical business cases, vignettes, and techniques to help you understand when cloud investments make sense and when they don't. You'll find decision models that are anchored with practical experiences and lessons to guide your decision making, best practices for leveraging investments you've already made, and expert assistance with every aspect of the cloud transition.
Drawing on their extensive experience working with enterprise clients, Isom and Holley show how to integrate both business and technical considerations, set the right priorities, and successfully manage everything from security and performance to governance. Whatever your company's size, industry, or challenges, this book will help you drive maximum business value from the cloud—on your terms and on your timeline.
- Assessing the business value of a cloud adoption strategy based on 10 specific expectations
- Gaining more value by incorporating cloud into enterprise architecture
- Implementing cloud when you don't already have an enterprise architecture
- Fully understanding the financial implications of cloud-based strategies and technologies
- Incorporating cloud in environments that have already adopted Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Selecting components of your cloud portfolio, including elements of larger outsourced or managed solutions
- Governing cloud as part of your overall organizational landscape
- Systematically recognizing and mitigating cloud adoption risks, including security, cost, and performance
- Planning the transition: retiring legacy applications, transforming business processes, and selecting partners
- Anticipating and guiding the use of cloud business patterns, trends, and technologies
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||IBM Press|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9780132616201 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|