The latest edition of Java in a Nutshell is designed to help experienced Java programmers get the most out of Java 7 and 8, but it's also a learning path for new developers. Chock full of examples that demonstrate how to take complete advantage of modern Java APIs and development best practices, the first section of this thoroughly updated book provides a fast-paced, no-fluff introduction to the Java programming language and the core runtime aspects of the Java platform.
The second section is a reference to core concepts and APIs that shows you how to perform real programming work in the Java environment.
- Get up to speed on language details, including Java 8 changes
- Learn object-oriented programming, using basic Java syntax
- Explore generics, enumerations, annotations, and lambda expressions
- Understand basic techniques used in object-oriented design
- Examine concurrency and memory, and how they're intertwined
- Work with Java collections and handle common data formats
- Delve into Java's latest I/O APIs, including asynchronous channels
- Become familiar with development tools in OpenJDK
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||21.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781449371319 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|