The new edition of Journalism Ethics and Regulation presents an accessible, comprehensive and in-depth guide to this vital and fast moving area of journalistic practice and academic study.
The fourth edition presents expanded and updated chapters on:
- Privacy, including the pitfalls of Facebook privacy policies and access to social media as a source
- Gathering the news, including dimensions of accessing material online, the use of crowd sourcing, email interviews, and the issues surrounding phone hacking, blagging and computer hacking
- New regulation systems including comparison of statutory, state and government regulation, pre-publication regulation, online regulation, and the impact of the Leveson Enquiry on regulation
- Exploration of who regulates and the issues regarding moderation of user content
- Journalism ethics and regulation abroad, including European constitutional legalisation, ethics and regulation in the former Soviet states, and regulation based on Islamic law.
The book also features brand new chapters examining ethical issues on the internet and journalism ethics, and print regulation in the 21st century.
Journalism Ethics and Regulation continues to mix an engaging style with an authoritative approach, making it a prefect resource for both students and scholars of the media and working journalists.
|Size: ||3.5 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317634294 (EPUB)|