Winner of an iParenting Media Award! Is your child a "picky" eater or a full-fledged resistant eater? Does he or she eat only 3-20 foods, refusing all others? Eat from only one food group? Gag, tantrum, or become anxious if you introduce new foods? If so, you have a resistant eater. Learn the possible causes, when you need professional help, and how to deal with the behavior at home. Learn why "Don't play with your food!" and "Clean your plate!" - along with many other old saws - are just plain wrong. And who said you have to eat dessert last? Get ready to have some stereotypes shattered!
Helpful chapters include:
- Who Are Resistant eaters?
- Oral-Motor Development
- Environmental and Behavioral Factors Contributing to Problems with Eating
- Sensory-Based and Motor-Based Problems Affecting the Resistant Eater
- Motor-Based Eating Problems vs. Sensory-Based Eating Problems
- Designing and Implementing a Comprehensive Treatment Plan
- Environmental Controls
- Gastrointestinal, Physical and Oral-Motor Development
- Stages of Sensory Development for Eating
- A Recipe for Success
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Future Horizons|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9781935274414 (EPUB)|