This book is designed to support Teaching Assistants in the important and unique role they play in the education of children. This new edition includes a range of additional material and reflects developments in the recent UK context and legislation that relates to participation and diversity. It raises issues concerning values and professional practice for Teaching Assistants, emphasising inclusive approaches and the importance of understanding the perspectives of learners throughout. Each chapter contains an overview of topical debates, current research, a discussion of issues relating to values and professional practice. Every chapter raises questions and suggests reading for further reflection.
This highly accessible resource includes contributions from leading researchers and experienced education practitioners. It introduces a range of issues, with a focus on inclusion and the key role of teaching assistants, such as:
- understanding inclusive education: school communities and participation
- Special educational needs and inclusive practice
- supporting Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT) children
- ethnic diversity and attainment
- the influence of gender on the achievement of boys and girls
- working with teachers and parents
- religious diversity and inclusive practice
- including and supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transsexual (LGBT) students
- welcoming and understanding asylum seeking and refugee students
- disability, human rights and inclusion.
This book will enable Teaching Assistants to develop a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles of inclusive education. It provides an essential resource for Teaching Assistants and all those working in Education.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||772 KB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317419129 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|