The Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. Working with Texts: A Core Introduction to Language Analysis (second edition 2001) is the foundation text, which is complemented by a range of 'satellite titles. These provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics, and can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts.
- examines the way external factors have influenced and are influencing language change, focusing on how changing social contexts are reflected in language use
- explores the attitudes, values and assumptions that shape the way we use language
- looks at how language change operates within different genres, such as problem pages, sports reports and recipes
- provides lively examples from everyday communication, including letters, emails, postcards and text messages
- includes a unit on how new words are formed and features a full glossary.
|Size: ||4.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2004|
|ISBN: ||2370005471463 (EPUB)|