About This Book
- Work with modern document classes, such as KOMA-Script classes
- Explore the latest LaTeX packages, including TikZ, pgfplots, and biblatex
- An example-driven approach to creating stunning graphics directly within LaTeX
Who This Book Is For
If you already know the basics of LaTeX and if you'd like to get quick and efficient solutions to your problems, this is the perfect book for you. If you are an advanced reader, you can use this book's example-driven format to take your skillset to the next level. Some familiarity with the basic syntax of LaTeX and how to use the editor of your choice for compiling is required.
What You Will Learn
- Choose the right document class for your project to customize its features
- Learn how to start writing an article, a thesis, or a book
- Design a letter, a CV, a presentation, a flyer, or a large poster
- Fine-tune text and layout, utilize fonts, and design tables
- Frame, shape, arrange, and annotate images
- Create colorful graphics, including diagrams, flow charts, bar charts, trees, plots in 2D and 3D, timelines, and mindmaps
- Solve typical tasks for various sciences, including math, physics, chemistry, electrotechnics, and computer science
- Optimize PDF output and enrich it with metadata, annotations, popups, animations, and fill-in fields
LaTeX is a high-quality typesetting software and is very popular, especially among scientists. Its programming language gives you full control over every aspect of your documents.
With this book, you will learn to leverage the capabilities of the latest document classes and explore the functionalities of the newest packages. The book starts with examples of common document types and provides you with tutorials for tuning text design, using fonts, embedding images, and creating legible tables. Common document elements, such as the bibliography, glossary, and index, are covered with LaTeX's modern approach. The example-driven approach of this book is sure to increase your productivity.
Visit LaTeX-Cookbook.net for gallery, downloads, and code.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781784396305 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|