Agile has revolutionized the way teams approach software development, but with dozens of agile methodologies to choose from, the decision to "go agile" can be tricky. This practical book helps you sort it out, first by grounding you in agile's underlying principles, then by describing four specific—and well-used—agile methods: Scrum, extreme programming (XP), Lean, and Kanban.
Each method focuses on a different area of development, but they all aim to change your team's mindset—from individuals who simply follow a plan to a cohesive group that makes decisions together. Whether you're considering agile for the first time, or trying it again, you'll learn how to choose a method that best fits your team and your company.
- Understand the purpose behind agile's core values and principles
- Learn Scrum's emphasis on project management, self-organization, and collective commitment
- Focus on software design and architecture with XP practices such as test-first and pair programming
- Use Lean thinking to empower your team, eliminate waste, and deliver software fast
- Learn how Kanban's practices help you deliver great software by managing flow
- Adopt agile practices and principles with an agile coach
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||46.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781449363840 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|