About This Book
- Set up the development environment and obtain the Google API key to create your first map application
- Create a cutting edge Google maps application by implementing all the concepts learned
- A step-by-step tutorial guide that is full of pragmatic examples
Who This Book Is For
If you are an Android developer and want to integrate maps into your application, then this book is definitely for you. This book is intended for novice Android application developers who would like to get up and running with map-rich applications using Google Maps. Some basic development experience would be helpful but this is not a necessity.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know about the basic development environment setup needed to create a successful map application
- Generate an SHA1 fingerprint, obtain an API key, and create a basic map application
- Detect different types of maps and implement them in your application
- Add information to your map such as markers, overlays, information windows, and shapes
- Explore interactions with maps and work with gestures
- Change the different camera views in your map application
- Work with real-time GPS location data and implement it in your application
- Apply Street View and integrate the StreetViewPanorama fragment into your application
- Employ the native Google Maps application to solve some tasks using intents
- Create a cutting-edge Google Maps application by implementing all the concepts learned
Google Maps is a map service developed and owned by Google Inc. Learning Android Google Maps helps you to create enthralling and captivating map-based applications for the domains of distribution, logistics/warehousing and transportation, retail, and more.
This book helps you to overcome the most common problems faced by users and helps you create a successful map application without any hassle.
The book starts with a brief description of how to set up an environment and obtain an API key to create your map application. This book will teach you about adding markers, overlays, and information windows to the map in detail. You will then dive deep into customizing various types of map and working with location data and Google Street View.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create succinct map applications in Android using Google Maps efficiently.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841838 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|