About This Book
- Leverage Apache Thrift to enable applications written in different programming languages (Java, C++, Python, PHP, Ruby, and so on) to cross-communicate.
- Learn to make your services ready for real-world applications by using stepwise examples and modifying code from Industry giants.
- Be a crackerjack at solving Apache Thrift-related issues.
Who This Book Is For
If you have some experience of developing applications in one or more languages supported by Apache Thrift (C++, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, and others) and want to broaden your knowledge and skills in building cross-platform, scalable applications, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the need for cross-language services and the basics of Apache Thrift
- Learn how Apache Thrift works and what problems it solves
- Determine when to use Apache Thrift instead of other methods (REST API), and when not to use it
- Create and run an example application using Apache Thrift
- Use Apache Thrift in your applications that are written in different languages supported by Apache Thrift (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, and C++)
- Handle exceptions and deal with errors
- Modify code in different languages
- Use Apache Thrift in the production environments of big applications
This book will help you move beyond the basics of service-oriented systems through your first Apache Thrift-powered app. Then, progressing to more complex examples, it will provide you with tips for running large-scale applications in production environments.
You will learn how to assess when Apache Thrift is the best tool to use. To start with, you will run a simple example application, learning the framework's structure along the way; you will quickly advance to more complex systems that will help you solve various real-life problems. Moreover, you will be able to add a communication layer to every application written in one of the popular programming languages, with support for various data types and error handling. Furthermore, you will learn how pre-eminent companies use Apache Thrift in their popular applications. This book is a great starting point if you want to use one of the best tools available to develop cross-language applications in service-oriented architectures.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241453 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|