AV Foundation for iOS and OS X Programming—Get Started Fast!
If you develop media-rich iOS or OS X apps, you can do amazing things with Apple's AV Foundation. However, the framework is extremely large, reliant on cutting-edge language features, and poorly documented. Now, there's a more productive way to master these immensely powerful technologies: Bob McCune's Learning AV Foundation.
McCune's live presentations and GitHub projects have already helped thousands of Apple developers get started with AV Foundation. Building on his experience, McCune helps you gain true mastery by creating real-world apps, hands-on.
You'll build a voice memo app, custom video player, video editor, and an image/video camera app. As you proceed, you'll master all the techniques you need to write your own advanced media apps from scratch. Throughout, McCune provides carefully crafted challenges and complete starter apps—all designed to help you deepen your understanding and make the most of Apple's breakthrough media framework.
- Understanding how AV Foundation fits in Apple's media environment and each of its key areas of functionality
- Enabling your apps with audio playback and recording features
- Enhancing video playback to deliver a richer, more dynamic experience
- Using AV Kit to match your user interfaces with iOS Videos or OS X QuickTime Player
- Developing media capture apps with real-time video processing using OpenGL ES and Core Image
- Implementing custom video players
- Integrating advanced capture features such as video zooming, face detection, barcode scanning, and high frame rate capture
- Mixing multiple audio tracks and automating volume control
- Building sophisticated non-linear, non-destructive editing apps
- Adding advanced video editing capabilities, such as video transitions and animation effects
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||28.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780133563825 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|